One of the things I miss from my pre-vegan days is proja or Serbian corn cake. Proja is one of the national dishes of Serbia. Everyone knows how to make it and it is a must at birthday parties. It is one of the those things every tourist has to try. And everyone loves it!
These Corn Muffins were my attempt to get that proja taste again only in a vegan form. And I have to say: they are so much better than the “original”!
- 130 gr corn flour
- 70 gr white flour
- 100 gr corn
- 200 ml soy milk
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano and turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- How to make it? Preheat the oven to 180C. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add then the corn and stir well. Now add the oil and soymilk. Give it a good stir and pour them in the muffins baking trey. Use the muffins baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Tip: You can sprinkle each muffin with sesame seeds.