I couldn’t believe how delicious these Cranberry Muffins were! This was my first time working with fresh cranberries and I am in love with them! Well when I say “fresh” I mean “freshly frozen”. LOL! But still… It amazes me how different they taste compare to the dried ones I normally use.
I am definitely going to use them more often in the future. (This fall is all about trying new cooking ingredients apparently. Like this Cake I made for my father-in-law’s birthday using fondant.)
So here is how to make these delicious muffins using fresh/frozen cranberries.
- 200 gr white flour
- 50 gr brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 bag or 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 100 ml cold pressed sunflower oil
- 120 gr cranberries
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- pinch of salt
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- about 150 ml lukewarm water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, flaxseeds, vanilla and salt.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Add now the oil and stir well.
- Slowly add enough water to get a yoghurt consistency.
- Only then add agave and cranberries.
- As the last add apple cider and pour the batter in the muffin baking tray covered with muffin paper cups.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- To decorate just melt dark chocolate, about 30 – 50 gr and play!
I hope you like the Cranberry Muffins recipe. It is one of the great ways to surprise your family and friends for the coming Holidays! What says “Holidays” better than something made with Cranberries?
If you like this recipe don’t forget to share!
And if you are a fan of cranberries, you may also like these Cranberry Muffins with Coconut Cream recipe.
If you are new to vegan cooking and shopping, feel a bit overwhelmed and can’t find your way through the pile of info, then Flexible Vegan for Everyone is the eBook for you! You can get your copy HERE. You can also give it as a present and type in the email address of someone else at the checkout.