I have been experimenting a lot lately with spelt flour. So far I had success with this Spelt Flour Cake and Spelt Flour Pancakes. Now it was time for these Spelt Flour Lime Muffins! All vegan, all delicious!
In my kitchen limes are beeing used more often than lemons. I just like the taste of them better. I use limes in my water, salads, baking etc. I even used them in combination with lemon in this Lemon Cake I’ve made for my father-in-law’s birthday.
Let’s make these Muffins!
- 200 gr spelt flour
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- 150 – 200 ml unsweetened soy milk
- 2 limes: zest and juice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 baking powder (1 tablespoon approximately)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- First melt the coconut oil. I usually place bowl with coconut oil on top of another one with hot water.
- Now mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Zest the limes and squeeze the juice out of it. Add soy milk and stir. Add now coconut oil to this mixture and stir.
- Preheat the oven now to 180C.
- Pour this mixture with limes in the bowl with flour. Use a spoon to combine ingredients. If your dough is too thick, add some more soy milk. You should get quite liquid mixture even more liquid than yoghurt.
- As the last add the apple cider, quickly stir and pour the mixture in the muffin tray covered with muffin paper tins.
- Bake muffins for 35 – 40 minutes or until they become golden brown on top.
I hope you like this Spelt Flour Lime Muffins recipe. If you do, please let us know. And don’t forget to share it with others!