Nothing says “I love you” like these homemade Valentine Muffins. I am always inspired by this Holiday. Yes, I do believe it is a Holiday. For these muffins I have had a special help: my mum. She was in charge of making the heart decorations. And she did a great job!
So let’s see how to make them!
First make the chocolate hearts the day before as it takes some time. You will need less than 50 gr of dark chocolate for 12 hearts. Melt the chocolate and draw the hearts using the pre prepared drawings and small paintbrush. My mum used cellophane paper on top of a simple white sheet where she drew the hearts first. You will need few layers of chocolate to get thick heart.
- 100 gr white flour
- 50 gr brown sugar
- 3 - 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 lemon - juice and zest
- 100 ml soy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- vanilla - optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 - 3 table spoons coconut milk powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the muffins in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl zest one lemon then juice it, add oil and soy milk and stir it well.
- Then add that to the dry ingredients mixture. You should get a liquid mixture like a yogurt.
- Pour this mixture into a heart shape muffin mold and bake them for 25 min or until they become golden brown.
- For the icing: Melt the coconut oil and add the powder milk. Spread it on every muffin and sprinkle with some poppy seeds. Place them in the fridge for 5 - 10 min.
- Now decorate them: Dip every chocolate heart in a bit of melted chocolate (the leftovers from heart can be reheated) and glue two hearts on each muffin. Place them again in the fridge for 5 minutes and they are done!
I hope you like my Valentine Muffins recipe. If you do, please, leave your comment or contact us via our Contact Page.