It is that time of the year when the ice cream is replaced by warm, delicious pies. The house smells like cinnamon and nutmeg and you can’t wait to try your new creation. This is not just another pie recipe; it is Apple Pie with Cranberries and fresh apple pieces.
Few weeks ago I got a box full of apples from my friend’s garden. I’ve posted the photo of it on social medias
and announce some apple pie baking.
This Apple Pie with Cranberries was an instant hit in our house. Not too sweet, the real taste of the Fall.
- 300 gr white flour
- 200 gr soy butter
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 small – medium size apples
- 100 ml + 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- + 2 apples and 2 handful cranberries
- First make the crust.
- Mix the flour with brown sugar and vanilla. Add the butter and form the dough. Wrap it in plastic foil and let it chill in the fridge for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Flour the surface and roll the dough for the crust. Make sure it’s not too thin. About 2 – 2,5 cm is good. Carefully place the dough in buttered pie pan with removable bottom. Using a fork make holes in the bottom.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and bake the crust for 30 – 40 minutes. Let it cool completely down before you put the filling.
- Now make the filling. Peel the 6 apples and blend them with 100 ml water to make apple sauce. Pour it in a sauce pan and heat up. In a separate bowl mix 6 tablespoons of water with 3 tablespoons corn starch and add it to the apple sauce.
- Cook on a low heat until it starts to thicken. Add now the sugar.
- Peel and cut 2 apples and place them on the crust. Toss cranberries in.
- Before pouring the filling over the crust with apples and cranberries, add all spices and stir well.
- Pour the filling over the crust and let it cool down. The best would be to place it in fridge overnight.
- The best would be to place it in fridge overnight.
I hope you like another Apple Pie recipe. There are other pie recipes you can find on this website, like this Apple Pie or Delicious Plum Pie.
And if you are looking for more easy, plant-based recipes as well as tips and tricks on how to start and stay Flexible Vegan then Flexible Vegan for Everyone is the book for you. You can get your copy here.