Summer has definitely arrived in the Netherlands. It is sunny and beautiful. That also means – No Bake Cake and other goodies. This No Bake Cake was instantly approved by the biggest dairy consumer I know. And I am sure it will be the love at first bite for you too.
- 150 gr vegan cookies, crushed with your hands – I used tea cookies with cranberries
- 1 tablespoon malt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 200 gr cashews soaked for few hours
- 1 banana
- 4 – 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- fresh juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons malt
- + Soy whipped cream - optional
- First make the crust. Crush the cookies with your hands or use your food processor.
- Add malt and coconut oil to crushed cookies and with your fingers mix them all well.
- Spread the mixture over the ceramic baking tray (app. 200/100 mm). If the mixture is too sticky, wet your fingers with some water and it should help.
- Now make the filling. Blend first banana and malt.
- Slowly add cashews and blend until you get creamy mixture.
- Add now lemon juice and ad the last coconut oil. Blend and pour over the crust.
- Let it set in the fridge for a few hours and then add the whipped cream and decorate.
I hope you like this recipe for No Bake Cake. If you do, let us know and share it with others. If you are new to vegan cooking and need help with what and how to eat and cook, then Flexible Vegan for Everyone is the eBook for you. You can get your copy here.