After few weeks in Serbia, I am back in the Netherlands and patiently trying out new recipes. This recipe for Cashew Pizza Tartlets was an old recipe that had many versions. In this blog post I am sharing our favourite version of it. We eat them quite often. They are not difficult to make although it takes some time as the dough for the tartlets must first rise.
This is a variation to my old recipe Cashew Pizza, just to show you that combinations are endless.
- 250 gr whole grain wheat flour
- 250 gr white flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 gr dried yeast
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 500 gr cashews
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 200 ml almond milk + water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon marmite
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- + red onion and olives both cut in small pieces
- First make the dough. In a large bowl mix 2 kinds of flour and salt.
- Heat the water to lukewarm and add 1 teaspoon sugar. Add yeast and let it start “working”.
- Add oil to flour and mix.
- Add the mixture with yeast. Slowly form a dough with your hands. Let it set for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime make the filling. Use the blender. Blend cashews and turmeric with milk and add water if needed. You should be getting yoghurt like mixture.
- Now add all other ingredients and blend. Try if you like the taste and add seasoning if you like.
- Now get your dough. Flour a large working surface and roll the dough to 1 cm thin. Use the top of the biggest cup you have and get a round shape dough. Place it in the muffin baking tray and, using your hands, form a muffin baskets. Don’t forget to grease your muffin baking tray with some soy butter.
- In every basket place olives and onion on the bottom.
- Pour the filling in the muffin “basket” to the top, and add a pinch of ketchup on it. Just a dot is enough.
- Continue with the rest of the dough and filling.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and bake these muffins for about 40 – 45 minutes. If they are not becoming golden brown after 35 minutes, set the temperature to 220C and bake them for 15 more minutes.
I hope you like this Cashew Pizza Tartlets recipe. If you do, don’t forget to let us know and share it with others.
And if you are new to vegan diet and can’t make your way through pile of information, then Flexible Vegan for Everyone is the book for you. It can help you start your vegan journey.