The inspiration for this Cashew Pizza came from my husband’s favourite (vegetarian) pizza from the supermarket – Onion Pizza. I wanted to make a similar but vegan version of his favourite pizza. I think I succeeded in this because even he said that my homemade version was the best! This Cashew Pizza will make even the biggest classic pizza lovers forget about it and grab another piece of this. So let’s see how to make it!
- 500 gr plain white flour
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- 1 bag of dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 - 4 handful cashews
- 2 red onions
- 10 – 12 green olives
- Veggie sausage
- 6 spring onions
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons marmite
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- About 2,5 - 3 cups water, maybe even more
- First make the dough. Put one teaspoon of sugar in lukewarm water and add then yeast to it. Let the yeast rise.
- While the yeast is rising, prepare dry ingredients. Mix flour, salt and ground flax seeds. Add the rising yeast to the mixture and, using your hands, mix it to make dough. Let the dough set for 30 minutes.
- Now make the filling. Cut the onion, spring onion, veggie sausage and olives.
- Use your blender to make the sauce. Put cashews and 1 cup of water in it. Blend until smooth. If it is too thick, add water. It should be quite liquid, just like any sauce. Add now marmite, oregano and turmeric and blend again.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface. You can get two medium sized pizzas. Oil the baking tray with some olive oil and place the dough. Sprinkle the bottom of the dough with onions, olives and sausage. Pour the sauce over it and place it in the preheated oven to 200 C for about 40 minutes. The last 10 minutes set the temperature to 220 C to get the crust crunchy.
Like this Cashew Pizza recipe? Let us know and, please, share it with the others.
Don’t want to miss news on Flexible Vegan? Make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter. Look on the right side and fill your email in.