Chickpeas are very popular in our house. I use them often in stir-fry dinners. I like to throw them in soups to give it some extra nutrients like I did in this Miso Soups with Chickpeas that is still one of my most popular recipes. So it is no surprise that I am going to tell you how incredibly delicious these Chickpea Bites are! So let’s make them!
- About 450 gr precooked chickpeas, approximately 2 cans
- 3 – 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- Handful of basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of coriander, curry, nutmeg and pepper
- Use your food processor or blender. Process chickpeas until they become paste-like.
- Add now the spices, basil and chives and blend. Try the mixture and add more spices if you want.
- Now add flour and blend it until you get the dough.
- Now it’s time to make golf ball sized bites and fry them in oil.
- It takes only few minutes in oil for these bites to be done. Get them out of the oil and put them on a kitchen towel that will soak most of the oil.
- If you want to avoid frying, you can bake them in the oven. 220 C for about 20 - 30 minutes.
I hope you like this Chickpea Bites recipe. If you do, please let us know. And don’t forget to share it with others.
If you want to receive regular updates on FlexibleVegan.com supscribe to our Newsletter. We don’t spam, don’t worry!