Are you hosting a party? Looking for an idea what to make? How about these Ketchup Rolls? They are delicious even the next day which means you can make them the day before. They are easy to make and the combinations are endless.
- 250 gr white flour
- 250 gr whole grain wheat flour
- 1 bag of dried yeast (7gr usually)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 – 5 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ pickled red paprika
- 4 olives
- A bit of vegan sausage
- 1 tablespoon dried basil and oregano
- 2 tablespoons corn
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Heat the water with sugar. It should be more lukewarm than hot. Add the yeast. While the yeast is rising, in a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and flax seeds. Add now the rising yeast to the dough and make the dough. Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and place it on a warm place for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, make the filling. Simply mix all ingredients. Try to see if you like the taste.
- After the dough has risen, cut it into 2 pieces. Flour the surface and roll each piece into an oval shape as thin as possible. Smear the filling in and roll it starting from the side closer to you. Roll first the sides in and then lengthwise. Use a good knife and cut them into small round shape bites. Each should be about 3 – 4 cm long. Place them on a baking tray with baking paper. The filling side should be up/down. Bake them for 30 min on 200 C or until golden brown.
- * This is enough for 20 – 24 pieces.
I hope these Ketchup Rolls will find they way on your Party table. If they do, please let us know.