These Mango Pancakes are the first pancakes on FlexibleVegan.com. My husband and I usually begin our weekend with these delicious pancakes. We have several versions of the toppings but our favourite is: malt or agave, raw cacao powder and some almond flakes.
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 150 – 200 ml almond milk*
- 1 mango (pureed)
- Handful ground roasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon soy butter
- Coconut oil for baking
- Use your blender to make mango puree. Put mango and almond milk in it and blend until smooth. Add hazelnuts and blend. They should be completely ground and in the end you should get a yoghurt like mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, flax seeds and vanilla.
- Add the mango puree in this and whisk until mixed. Now add the soy butter and stir. If the mixture is too thick, add more almond milk.
- Heat a non-stick pan with one teaspoon of coconut oil. I use soup ladle to measure. So pour one soup ladle of the pancake mix in the pan. Bake it for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- *I like using almond milk in pancakes but you can use any other plant based one.
- Idea: while still hot, pour one teaspoon of malt and cacao powder on each pancake and sprinkle with blueberries or almond flakes.
I hope these Mago Pancakes will be regulary on your weekend menu. If you like them, please let us know.