While this Millet Bread was in the oven, I have to admit that I had to open the oven a few times to see the progress. I just couldn’t wait for it to be done! It smelled delicious!
The mix of 3 kinds of flour and the lack of yeast and baking powder is what makes this bred so unique.
Plus it’s vegan, off course, and totally delicious!
The best is to be served with this Mustard Dip. Oh, what a great combo that is! This is more of a Millet Flat Bread than a bread loaf but it can still be used for sandwiches.
- 120 gr whole grain wheat flour
- 150 gr rice or corn semolina flour
- 130 gr millet flour*
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- About 2 cups of water
- Handful of raw sunflower seeds to sprinkle over
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix all 3 kinds of flour.
- Add salt and flax seeds.
- Now add the salt and spices.
- As the last add enough water to get yoghurt like mixture.
- Oil the baking tray, pour the mixture in it and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Put it in the oven until it becomes golden brown, approximately 45 min.
- * How to make millet flour? Simply use the same blender as for the flax seed to grind millet and you will get flour.
I hope you like this Millet Bread recipe. If you do, let me know and don’t forget to share it with others.