I know that cranberries are usually on the table for Thanksgiving but just look at these Mini Cranberry Pies – they just have Christmas written all over them.
It is so much fun working with fresh cranberries. The colour, the taste… Amazing!
If you still need ideas for your Christmas dinner table then you are on the right place. They are easy to make and your guests will love them! Trust me!
- 150 gr white flour
- 80 gr soy butter
- 50 gr brown sugar
- 150 gr cranberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water + ¼
- 2 – 3 tablespoons corn starch
- pinch of ground cloves and cardamom
- First make the dough. Mix flour and sugar and then slowly add butter while forming a dough with your hands.
- Form a ball, cover in plastic foil and put in the fridge for 15 min.
- Make the filling. I a sauce pan mix water and sugar and bring it to boil.
- Add now the cranberries and lower the heat. Cook them for 5 – 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix ¼ cup (or more if necessary) and corn starch. Add this to cranberry sauce and stir so you don’t get lumps.
- When it’s thicken get the filling off the heat and add spices.
- Get the dough out of the fridge and roll it on a floured surface.
- Use a cookie cutter or simply a glass to get the circle forms. Place them in a muffin form greased with some soy butter and make sure to press them against the muffin form so they sit well.
- Put one to two tablespoons of filling in each pie. Don’t overdo it as the filling tends to pop out while baking.
- Cut now small stars using your Christmas cookie cutter and place it over each filled mini pie.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and bake these pies for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Just FYI they taste amazing the day after! The crust softens and they just melt in your mouth.
I hope you like this recipe for Mini Cranberry Pies and I sure hope you will decide to make them for your family and friends. If you are looking for more inspiration for your Christmas dinner, you can check it here.
And if you or someone you know is new to vegan eating and living, then Flexible Vegan for Everyone is the book you should get. It has tips and tricks for new vegans on how to stay on path, lots of recipes and list of must haves in vegan kitchen. You can get your ebook here for yourself or for someone you like. At the checkout just type the email address of the person this book is meant for.