The recipe for My Favourite Brownies has found its place in most of my friends’ homes. Everyone seems to be in love with them and I have to say that for the most of them it was a love at first bite. LOL! The reason, except for the obvious: chocolate, is that they are very easy to make and you always seem to have enough ingredients in your kitchen to make them. My favourite brownies are also the favourite dessert of my dear husband and that is why it was also his birthday cake. So let’s make them it!
- 200 gr whole grain wheat flour
- 70 gr cacao powder
- 90 gr brown sugar
- 200 ml strong, dark coffee
- 100 ml sunflower oil preferably cold pressed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 vanilla stick
- Half to one tablespoon of cinnamon, cloves powder and cardamom powder
- One teaspoon of nutmeg and ginger powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 spoons malt or any other liquid sweetener
- 2 spoons apple cider vinegar*
- How to make it? Preheat the oven to 180 C. In a separate bowl mix first all dry ingredients. Add then the oil and coffee. You should get more liquid dough so if it is too firm, add some water. Add then the sweetener and, right before you pour it in the baking mold, add the vinegar and quickly stir. Put the baking paper in the baking mold and pour the dough in it. Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes. Check after 30 minutes if it’s baked. You can easily check by putting the fork in brownies. If it stays clean, they are baked.
- * Don't worry if you are out of the vinegar. I often forget to put it. It doesn't change the taste. The vinegar is there only to help the brownies "rise". But it will be just fine even if you "forget" it. LOL!
- Let it cool down completely before you cut it. Cut them in small bites and serve with some fresh mint tea or coffee. Enjoy!
I hope you like this recipe. If you do, please leave a comment bellow.