When I make this Pumpkin Soup, it is usually the only thing we eat for lunch. It is so tasty that we eat 2 – 3 bowls of it and then we are full! If you still haven’t decided on what to make for lunch/dinner, then here is my suggestion to you.
This soup you can make in 2 ways. Today I’ll show you one.[clear]
- One medium size pumpkin
- One red onion
- 1 – 2 carrots
- 1 small potato
- Vegetable bouillon
- Curcuma, ginger and basil
- A bit of oil
- How to make it? Very easy and fast! Cut all veggies. Heat the oil and fry the onion for a few minutes, but not too long. Add pumpkin, carrots and potato and add enough water to cover all the ingredients. Add in the bouillon. Cook it on a low fire until the veggies are soft. Use your hand blender or the regular one to grind the veggies and get the creamy texture of the soup. Then put it again back on the fire and add all the spices. When it starts boiling again, turn the heat off and put the cover on. Let it set down until you take the bowls.
- Use the biggest ones you have because this soup is delicious!
- Hope you’ll enjoy it.
- Tip: If you are a fan of coriander, now is the time to use it. Use the fresh one.
- Serving tip: If you have some pumpkin seeds, add them to each bowl before serving. Not only do they give an extra colour to the soup, but they also add quite some nutritional values to this tasty soup.