Ever since I’ve made this Quick Vegan Cake for the first time when we were hosting a dinner party, I tend to make it almost every time. My husband loves it and I also take second piece. LOL!
No one believes it’s vegan and it is so unbelievably easy to make it. I am almost ashamed to call this a recipe. Only a few ingredients and you have this delicious cake ready to serve for your loved ones.
- 600 gr vegan tea cookies (I used whole grain cookies)
- 230 gr soy butter
- 1 vanilla bean
- 120 – 150 gr powdered sugar depending on how sweet tea cookies are
- 150 – 170 ml freshly squeezed orange juice or at least the one without sugar
- 120 gr ground hazelnuts (I like to use baked not raw)
- soy whipped cream – optional
- grated dark chocolate for decoration
- Ground cookies and hazelnuts and mix them together.
- Using a hand mixer combine sugar and butter that was on the room temperature.
- Add seeds from one vanilla bean.
- Add cookies and hazelnuts to the mixture and using your hands, form a “dough” by slowly adding orange juice. The mixture should be sticky but not too soft.
- Place the mixture in the cake pan with loose bottom and set in the fridge.
- Whip the cream in the meantime, cover the cake with it and decorate with grated chocolate.
- Return to fridge to set for an hour and serve with coffee or tea.
I hope you like this recipe for Quick Vegan Cake. It really is done in no time!
If you are looking for more easy recipes like this, then feel free to check this website. It is full of recipes like this one. Here you will find inspiration for breakfast, dinner, sweets and special occasions.