If you are looking for a quick and easy meal for you and your family then this Simple Lentil Stew is the recipe for you. Not only it is nutritious, it is also done in no time. So kind of like an instant meal. Great, right!
Lentils were the first thing I started experimenting with when I first decided to stop eating meat. They are highly nutritious and the best friend for those with busy life. Back then I had two jobs so lentils were really my best friend!
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 leek or onion
- 1 teaspoon curry and coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (the best is tamari)
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- Heat up the oil in a pan and add coriander.
- When it starts releasing its beautiful smell, add chopped onion or leek.
- Cook for a few minutes on a medium to low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add now chopped carrots and give it a few stirs.
- Wash the lentils and add them to the pan. Pour immediately enough water to cover the lentils.
- Let it boil and then lower the fire, put the cover on and let it cook for 20 minutes. Check regularly if you need to add extra water.
- After 20 minutes, if the lentils are done, add tamari and curry and let it cook for another 5 minutes. The lentils are done when they start falling apart.
- And voila! Your stew is done!
- Serve it with pickled paprika or pickles.
I hope you like this Simple Lentil Stew recipe and that you will try this recipe soon. Make sure to let me know if you do. And share this recipe with your family and friends.
Feel free to join me on social medias. The links are on the bottom of the page.