One of my most favourite soups in the world – this tomato soup! Seriously! After this soup, I don’t really need the main course. It is done in just a few minutes so it can be an excellent solution for those days when you don’t really have the time or energy to cook.
- 500 grams sieved tomatoes in a can
- About 80 grams of Japanese dried noodles or any other you have*
- 2 big fresh tomatoes
- One big carrot
- 1 tbs dried garlic and/or onion shreds
- Fresh and dried basil
- How to make it? Super easy! Heat up sieved tomatoes and water in a pot. Add the noodles, chopped carrot and tomatoes. Boil it all for 5 - 10 minutes. Carrot will stay hard, but that’s ok because you can eat raw carrot anyway. After 5 – 7 minutes of cooking add the garlic, onion, salt and dried basil. Put the cover on the pot and turn the stove off. Let it set for a few minutes. After you’ve poured the soup in a bowl, add fresh basil to taste and decorate it.
- * I like using buckwheat noodles. I usually get them in my local Asian food store.
And that’s it! Hope you will try it.
If you do, let me know what you think. Please leave a comment under the recipe or send me an email on email@example.com