I am very happy to be in love with the best man on the planet – my husband. That is why I was inspired by him to make these Valentine Cookies. The combination of vanilla and coconut in them, made my whole house smell divine. I couldn’t wait for them to cool off to try them.
As you know, the place where I live is very limited in vegan options. That is actually a good thing because it makes me be creative especially when it comes to decoration. The pink colour I had to make as I couldn’t find vegan version. Plus making your own decoration is very exciting! Don’t be confused by the ingredients. Trust me – you can’t taste the beets. LOL! So let’s make these cookies!
- 150 gr all purpose flour
- 50 gr brown sugar
- 1 - 2 vanilla sticks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 50 gr soy butter
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add butter - room temperature.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour to the mixture and make a dough. If needed add more flour.
- Let the dough cool in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough on the floured surface, about 4 - 5 millimetres thick, and use your heart shape cookie cutter to get the cookies. Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, you should be getting about 20 heart shape cookies.
- Bake them in the preheated oven to 180 C for about 10 minutes. Put them on the cooling rack to cool down completely.
- In the meantime make the decoration.
I used two colours – brown and pink.
For the brown colour I’ve simply melted the dark chocolate and spread it on the cookie.
For the pink colour I used 1 cup of icing sugar and 3 – 4 teaspoons of beetroot juice. You can adapt the colour to your preferences.
I hope you like my Valentine Cookies idea. If you do, please, share it so that more people can enjoy these delicious cookies.ayX4LqLF4e8